Decision Day

 

Decision Day

               After messing around with the software premier pro in class, I think the software will be very useful during the editing stage of the short film. For what I want to do I do not see myself using Indesign very much unless there is a certain frame I want to edit. Premier pro allows you to mess with the volume of music throughout the film, this will be very helpful towards my idea. My idea is based off of audio to help convey what is happening on screen. The article “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom”, talks about how important storytelling is and how to tell a great story. The article tells us that the brain experiences stories the same as if you were in the narrative. My goal for my project is to have the viewer experience the same emotions being conveyed on screen. I will do this through carefully thought out scenes, using what I learned in class about camera angles and the effect that they have on the viewer. For example, using the extreme wide angle shot to show the isolation of the character and to convey the feeling of loneliness. The article talks about the Four C’s, the Four C’s are critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity. These Four C’s according to the article are very important in producing a quality story. I plan on employing these Four C’s to think of a story that will be powerful. The project I will be doing is the short film, first off, I believe the short film will be easier to do than the magazine. I have grown up watching movies and watching critics talk about movies. I have a general sense on what makes a scene good and how it can be impactful towards a whole movie. Secondly, there is less writing that has to be done, I know that writing is still involved but it would be more dialogue between two characters. Lastly, while messing around with both Indesign and Premier Pro, I find Premier Pro easier to use editing film is something I would not mind learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dialogue

Post Production 1

Filming