Storyboarding

 

Storyboarding

            The past few days our class has been working on storyboards to help refine our ideas and get them down on paper. The storyboard was not all that challenging, I had a good idea of what I wanted to do after the concept refinement. Although, this activity did make me think about each scene and what goes in them. Throughout my storyboard the characters go to different locations, so I had to think of how they get there and what the characters are doing while on the way. The storyboard was helpful in putting smaller scenes before others to help build suspense or for more context on the situation. In the article “Storyboarding your way to Success” by James Higgins he talks about four types of storyboarding. The type of storyboarding that I used was the planning storyboard which comprises of all the major ideas. Having all the major scenes I want in my short film on one paper helped me figure out what I need to fix, add, or take out.

 I will say that when I started the storyboard, I did not think it would be all that helpful because I already knew what I wanted to do. But the storyboard helped me see the holes in my idea and pushed me to fill them. Also, my storyboard helped me identify who the characters are, from “Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner’s guide” by Annemaree O’Brien, tells the reader writing a one-line description for each character can help you understand what their personality will be like. Not only that but it helps you understand who would be best to cast in your movie. Storyboards are more helpful then I originally thought it would and I will definitely use storyboarding on any future films I may make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dialogue

Post Production 1

Filming