Post Production 2
Post Production 2
Today I started to work on the last
final edits of my film, I worked a little bit more on the audio specifically with
the music so that it can transition in better and I also worked on editing the
way the “killer” sees. I first started off with picking when I should have the scene
switch between the actors talking in the car and the killer stalking them from
another car. I carefully picked out two moments when I think it worked well
with my restrictions. The first time you see the killer stalking the car is
right after the scene of him stalking them as they walk away. The next time you
see him stalking the car is when the light turns green and the car starts to
turn, as well as this being the best time so you can not see who is in the car but
it is also a perfect time to cut the video because one of the actors stops
talking making for the perfect time for a cut. When the scene starts again in
the car you can tell that the conversation has moved on and the viewer missed
some of the conversation that was not important. These two stalking moments
were the best picks because you could not see who was in the car. I also worked
on taking away some of the color to the stalking scenes to make the killer look
like he is only looking at the actors and to make it feel like he just wants to
kill. I worked on the first stalking scene where the “killer” is following the
actors from behind. I made the exposure -1, vibrance -77, tint balance to -18.6,
and made the saturation 88. I also turned down the midtones down, shadows down,
and increased the highlights. I also messed around with the vignette which I did
not know what it was going to do at first but ended up making what I wanted done
a lot easier. I turned up the amount to 3, kept the midpoint at 0, made the roundness
-38.1 and made the feather 38.1. After all that I turned these settings into a
preset and added the effects to all of the stalking scenes except at the end
when the killer is hiding in the bushes and then he comes out with a machete.
After all of this messing around with the colors it turned out looking like the
killer was watching them and ignoring all of his surroundings. This helps make
the killer look like he does not care about anything else other than killing and
that he has his sights set on killing these two kids. Also changing the color of
the clip helped make it so that you can not see into the back of the car. This
was a huge issue I had and I knew that I needed to get the colors down perfectly
so the viewer can still see what is going on but cannot see through the back of
the car.
Comments
Post a Comment